Writing My Running Book For A December 2014 Release.
As you probably know by now I’ve started writing my book on running.
I’m working towards a release in December 2014 and the book will cover my races up until Spring 2014.
It will cover all of the following topics and much more.
- How I got up to 280lbs in the first place.
- How I’d tried to lose weight before but failed every single time. This will include my experiences with a number of diet pills and the nasty side effects of some of them.
- How I lost an initial 30lbs by walking and following Weight Watchers for 3 months.
- My silly decision to run the Belfast Marathon 2011 even though I couldn’t run 100m at the time.
- How I spent 3 months panicing about my decision, trying to find a way out of the task ahead.
- Signing up to the gym for the first time and walking on the treadmill and using the other equipment and feeling out of place.
- Running on the treadmill for the first time.
- Running outside for the first time.
- Coping with the stress of marathon training and my dad’s death.
- Pushing my way through and finishing my first marathon.
- Falling off the running wagon, gaining 20lbs back and lapsing into depression in May/June 2011.
- Training for the Dublin Marathon, becoming a teetotaler for 3 months and relapsing on an airplane.
- Missing the Dublin Marathon after a disaster in Barcelona airport and getting back on track shortly afterward.
- Lessons learned from every race I’ve ran since then and stories about my weekends away.
- Tips on how to keep on running!
- What I’ve learned about myself as a runner.
- A chapter dedicated to all that I hate about running.
- How blogging about running provided to be great motivation and how you can create your own blog.
That’s about it! I’m writing it little by little and it’s very exciting for me.
I will keep you all up to date on how it’s going and announce a release date in due course.