Tips On How To Make Your Life Easier As A Runner
I made it back to Ireland. The plane home was quite turbulent but I didn’t mind that so much. It’s not the turbulence I am scared of it. It’s my fear of turbulence.
- Try dropping the self hate – Calling yourself a fat cunt does not make you faster runner.
- Anything is better than nothing – Every time you say that you’ll do something tomorrow you are making it harder for yourself to get back into the groove of it. Sometimes just running a mile after a long period off can be all you need to get your mojo back.
- Stop over fuelling for short runs – You don’t need to fuel for easy 5 mile runs. If you’re running to manage your weight allow yourself the chance to progress with a negative calorie intake.
- Give yourself a chance to shine – Miracles do not happen overnight. Self-destructive behaviors utilize shame and self hate to sabotage your goals. Give yourself a real chance of success by just letting yourself be and take a positive step forward each day.
- The bad times do not last forever – Shit will get better. Spring is always around the corner. You’ve just got to start with one step in the right direction and build a little momentum. Hope always exists, even if it’s just in drops.