After LEJOG I was fucking tired of accountability. Running that far is draining. Some degree of burnout is inevitable. The irony is that I was running for mental health but I came back to London in a high state of stress and exhaustion.
It made sense that I threw my scales away when I came back to NI. I wanted some downtime. Gaining 20 pounds wasn’t unexpected when you consider I started antidepressants and also kicked Nytol..
It’s just a fucking pain in the arse. Sometimes we end up in places in life we didn’t anticipate ending up in. I can’t change this by staying in denial. Onwards and upwards.
The good thing is that I am fit. Completing LEJOG has seen to that but I can’t coast off that for the rest of my life. I want to get back in control of this shit and that means some new goals and accountability.
- Blog every day on Angry Jogger for the rest of the year (you poor cunts)
- Record what I’ve eaten every day for the rest of the year (I’m not posting it here as you’ll all laugh at me, plus that awful fucking MyFitnessPal screenshot is grating after a while)
- Record the number of calories consumed every day for the rest of the year. (This is going into a spreadsheet)
- Record calories burned every day. (As is this)
- Record at the very most a 1000 calorie surplus on any one day until the end of the year. (This too)
I’ve applied for work in Belgium, Berlin and North West England. I don’t know where I’m going next. Terrifying and exciting. I’m gonna treat it as an adventure.
Wherever I end up going to I’m heading there with only my LEJOG backpack. Live minimally. Coast if I have to. If landlords complain about my body odour smelling like musty old cornflakes again I can hang a Magic Tree from my nutsack and move onto my next home.
P.S. 2933 calories in today, 3300 out. Day 1. On the comeback trail!